Health Educator degree Programs

The MSPH program in Health Education and Health Communication is designed for individuals seeking specialized formal academic training in health education, health promotion and health communication.

The program equips students with the fundamental skills and knowledge necessary for careers in these areas. The curriculum emphasizes health promotion, education and communication strategies for working with individuals, organizations and communities. Please review the program competencies.

A solid foundation in behavioral sciences principles and theories is provided, along with advanced skills in program planning, implementation and evaluation. While the curriculum consists of a number of required courses, students are also provided with adequate flexibility to select among numerous electives. Electives can be used to complete certificate programs in selected areas.

The program consists of one academic year of coursework and a minimum six-month field placement experience. The full-time field placement is designed to provide students with an opportunity, under supervision, to apply the knowledge and skills from the classroom to real health education, promotion and communication practice.

Students conclude the program by producing a final paper that critically evaluates an activity or activities performed during the field placement. Part-time applicants are welcome in this program. Students who successfully complete this degree program are eligible to sit for the national certification exam to become Certified Health Education Specialists.

Final report a statewide faculty development program for community college associate degree and other nursing educators (SuDoc HE 1.1002:C 73/8)
Book (Baylor College of Medicine)

Health careers -- dietician vs. health educator

2007-07-25 11:00:32 by interested___

I'm posting this here figuring more health-minded people would be in this forum. I hope you don't consider it out of place, and apologies if that's the case.
I'm interested in getting either a M.S. in health eduation, OR, becoming a dietician. I'm having trouble deciding between the two and was wondering if anyone has feedback.
I'm really interested in how what we eat affects us (and also in healthy cooking, sustainable agriculture, healthy farm practices), and I'd love to teach people ways to adopt healthier lifestyle habits, how to cook/eat healthier meals, the importance of nutritious foods, what different foods do for our bodies

Questions about Therapy Professions

2009-09-25 13:50:17 by TherapyLove

I'm considering a career in Healthcare in one of the 3 therapies. Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy. When I first started school I decided I wanted to major in Biology. I don't think I want to continue on that path anymore though.
I'm thinking about changing my major to Kinesiology or Health Education & Promotion. Granted, I already have all pre reqs and suggested courses for grad school. I don't really need a specific degree for anyone of the programs listed, just the pre reqs and a Bachelors degree. I'm having a hard time choosing which program to switch to

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but ...

2010-12-20 19:57:07 by Sierra_Lady

I really suggest you think very hard before entering a graduate program in a non-accredited Univeristy. JFK might be okay if you are going into counseling psychology (though I am not sure about that), may be reasonable if you want to practice law in California, but other than those programs, I would avoid them. Since you are concerned about looking for a job, it suggests to me that you are planning to either use savings or loans to finance your education. But a Masters in Holistic Health Education from a non-accredited university will probably not help you find employment.
If I were you, I would consider selecting a recognized modality -- such as Aruveyda, Yoga, Oriental Medicine, Chiropractic, Herbalogy or Aromatherapy -- and find a reputable school or teacher and immerse...


2009-05-16 15:09:14 by edugirlCaliforniaState

California State University. Go to Students > Degree Programs. They have a comprehensive search across all campuses, or you can search campus by campus:
University of California. Go to Academic Programs > Campus Academic Programs. You will have to look at each campus individually:
California Community Colleges. Here is the homepage. Click Community Colleges > Approved Programs:
You might have to play around with the title of the academic program and look at the catalog to find out which courses are required for the degree, as "health education" might have slightly different meanings among college systems and campuses

A few more answers

2006-06-15 10:26:47 by RNgirl

Here are a few more answers that may help. I am a registered nurse, working in labor and delivery. I got a four year degree (BSN). I did 2 years of prereqs, then the actual nursing program was another 2 years. I knew several people doing the "2 year" program at a community college (associate degree RN), yet they still ended up being in college for about 4 years because they had to do several prereqs, then their nursing program was another 2 years. So it's not really any faster. One major benefit to doing the "2 year" degree is the cost of tuition is usually cheeper. You will still be learning the same things as those in a 4 year program and you will be just as qualified to work as an RN

You might also like:

Allied Health Degree Programs Brown …
Allied Health Degree Programs Brown …
Environmental Health Degree Program at …
Environmental Health Degree Program at …
MUW - MS degree in Health Education
MUW - MS degree in Health Education

Solar Energy Education programs

Children's Educational Programs

Special Education Writing Programs

Zoo: Education Programs

Youth Cheerleading Programs